Cheshire & Merseyside Health & Care Partnership have been successful in bidding to NHS England/Improvement to be one of a group of Social Value Accelerator Sites across the UK.
We will explore and learn how social value can practically and effectively be embedded at scale within the NHS, Local Authorities and Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise sector (VCFSE) organisations across Cheshire and Merseyside. Our local approach to social value has been expanded to explore the potential of establishing ‘Business and Industry’ as Anchor Institutions to build opportunities for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) locally.
Our local definition of Social Value is:
- the good that we can achieve within our communities, related to environmental, economic and social factors;
- our approach to building capabilities, strengths and assets and enabling people to live a ‘valued and dignified life’;
- an enabler for the growth of ‘Social Innovation’ (SI) and helps to reduce avoidable inequalities – linked to the Marmot Principles;
- a requirement of the public sector as ‘Anchor Organisations’ to use their purchasing power to build capabilities, strengths and assets within our communities, ensuring that Cheshire and Merseyside is a great ‘Place’ to live and work - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the response from Suppliers, Business and Industry.
We have already identified a number of Social Value Champions, who will lead the development of Social Value and Corporate Social Responsibility within their organisations and local areas.
- Social Value Guide
- Social Value Training
- Corporate Social Responsibility Kite Mark for Anchor Institutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Business & Industry Events
- Social Innovation Incubator Guide
For more information or to register as a Social Value Champion please contact:
Shelley Brough (Social Value Programme Lead: Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership) & (Head of Integrated Commissioning: Cheshire East Council)